London (66-68 Paul Street, EC2 A4JY)
Competitive package in line with market, depending on prior experience.
About Pivot Power
Pivot Power is developing a world-first national network of grid-scale batteries and rapid electric vehicle (EV) charging stations, to support a cost-effective, reliable, low-carbon energy system and assist the rapid adoption of clean transport and cleaner electricity generation.
Pivot Power will install its two first two projects in 2019 and is therefore growing its team to support with the engineering, design, project management, asset management and modelling.
Pivot Power is growing its technical team in preparation of the implementation of its first two 50 MW battery storage projects in 2019. There is an opportunity for a motivated and versatile Design Engineer with a few years’ experience to join the team at this exciting time.
The ideal candidate should have experience in designing electrical systems at MV (33kV) as well as experience in overall system design such as site layouts, equipment general arrangement and cable routing. Pivot Power is a fast-developing company that will offer the successful candidate a diversified design tasks including: high level design comparison, detailed technical specifications, interaction with equipment suppliers/service providers and budget estimation.
The candidate will be clearly guided when conducting their work, but they are expected to be able to work autonomously, with rigour and attention to detail. They will have an awareness of industrial best practices but will also consider innovative design concepts.
The company will provide relevant training for this role when relevant.
Description of Specific Duties
- Prepare information and respond to technical information request from Pivot Power Head of Planning and draftsman about the battery and electrical vehicles sites design such as:
– Battery and major equipment layout
– Cables routes, trenching and ducting
– Access road dimensions requirements
- Create and update Pivot Power customer electrical system configuration for battery sites
- Create and update Pivot Power electrical configuration and systems for EV charging stations
- Prepare electrical drawings and design packages including sizing of cable, switchgear and transformers along with detailed specifications for quotation enquiries
- Review electrical design proposal and costs prepared by the third party (e.g. EPC contractors)
- First point of contact for electrical equipment supply (e.g. switchgear, transformers) to obtain their specifications and cost
- Develop costing model for cable routes and Pivot Power electrical systems
- Help the Business Development Team cost options and best configurations for power off-take agreements
Candidate profile and skills
- Engineering Degree
- At least 3x years’ experience in engineering design
- Experience in overall site layouts and cable routes (on public and private land) would be added value
- Strong CAD skills
- Fluent in cable sizing
- Strong organisation skills and a structured approach will be key with the ability to juggle multiple tasks in parallel and finish them on time.
- Good communication skills and presentation will be important for representing the company and liaising with other members of the team, third parties, vendors and suppliers to obtain the information required.
- A passion for a business that has a deep social mission and passion for “doing the right thing”
- Enthusiasm for participating in shaping the future of the electricity market, the electricity network and the future of the EV revolution.
- Permit to work in the UK.